Aims and Objectives
Our aims and objectives are to promote men’s welfare and their human rights and prevent abuse of men’s rights. We aim to reduce suicide rate of men and create more acceptability and choices for men in society. Therefore, we aim to work towards:
- Abolishing existing laws which are biased against men or violative of their fundamental constitutional and human rights.
- Work towards making existing laws gender neutral so that men have similar rights and protections in laws as women.
- Work to remove wrongful processes of implementation in executive and judiciary which violate fundamental rights and process of natural justice for men.
- Working towards sensitization of men’s issues in society and media.
- Work towards laws and policies which do not marginalize men or undermine their role in families and society.
- Forming support and counselling groups for men facing abuse of their rights simply because of their male gender.
- Reject and work against attempts to dilute men’s fundamental rights in the name of (pseudo)-women empowerment or any other similar social engineering goals.
- Focus on role of fathers in family including children’s development, and work against attempts to reduce fathers’ role in lives of children.
- Create awareness about adverse effects of father-child separation under sole custody arrangements following divorce or separation, and work towards creating shared parenting laws with meaningful role for fathers.
In order to fulfil the objectives of this organization we will:
- Provide counselling to men facing any violation of their fundamental or human rights mainly because of their male gender
- Strive for gender equality in laws related to marriage, divorce, child custody and domestic abuse.
- Conduct public awareness events, workshops, seminars, and press conferences on issues of men’s rights and welfare
- Make representations and disseminate information to lawmakers, judiciary, and various authorities of the Government and Semi-government organizations, Not-for-profit organizations and other national and international agencies and promote discussion on issues related to men’s rights and welfare
- Conduct and promote research on issues related to men’s health and well-being in all areas of life, and promote the same to government and other agencies.